<< Back to Blogs
10 Reasons for concern about your Home's Indoor Air Quality
Posted April 01, 2015
- Has there been recent construction or remodeling in the home?
The construction and remodeling process often leaves lots of debris in the air duct system. This goes for both new construction and recently remodeled homes.
- Are you trying to sell your home?
Freshly cleaned ducts could make your home more appealing to potential buyers!
- Have you recently purchased your home?
You clean the rest of the house when you move in right? Don't live with the former owner's dirt in your ducts!
- Does anyone in your home have allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues?
Dust, dander, and micro-organisms in your duct system can be circulated throughout your home and cause attacks from any of these conditions.
- Does anyone in the home suffer from nasal or sinus congestion each night or morning?
Snoring can be another side-effect of a dusty home.
- Are there smokers in the home?
If you or a former resident used to smoke within your home, the residue can still be circulated throughout your home for years to come.
- Do you have dogs, cats or other pets?
Our furry little friends not only shed but can also carry in lots of dirt from outside the home. You can see it on your floors... trust us, it's in your ducts too.
- Does it seem like you're always dusting the furniture?
An air duct system filled with dirt and debris can sometimes contaminate your home faster than you can clean it!
- Do you notice any unusual odours when the heating or cooling system is running?
Odours can be a sign of something dangerous in your air ducts. We can do camera inspections to determine if there is something of concern in your system.
- Are there young children or elderly living in your home?
People of these age groups are much more susceptible to airborne contaminants.